Welcome to the QTS Technology Support Page
On this page you will see various tips on how to better manage your student's technology
when it come to their School Provided Chromebooks.
From this page, you will be able to consult documentation to follow basic troubleshooting steps to assure
that your Student's Chromebook and Google Workspace is operating efficiently.
Should you need additional support after your troubleshooting steps,
you may contact the Parent Technology Support email for further assistance:
This email is checked on a weekly basis and will allow direct communication with the Technology Manager, Mr. Bailey,
in order to streamline communication for assistance with Student Chromebooks.
Google Chromebook OS
Quick Troubleshooting Tips
- Should a student user encounter any issues, the quickest way to resolve the most issues is to "Restart" Chromebook. Below on this page is a step by step procedure to "Restart".
- Sometimes the chromebooks will need updating, they are currently set to "Auto Update" within our domain, however, an update may not apply due to the chromebook not being shut down. Please remember for students to shut down their chromebooks every day. To be proactive, you can also check for and apply updates. Below on this page is a step by step procedure to "Update".
- If a camera is malfunctioning, whether it be unavailable or displaying "no picture" during a google meet or zoom call, please exit the session and open up the camera app to test the camera using the video option. If the camera provides a display and picture, try updating the Chrome OS and Restart the chromebook.
- If after restart, the chromebook displays video in the camera app but no camera feed is active in google meet, zoom or go guardian - the student may need to reset the app video & microphone settings for each app to "Allow" the camera and microphone access. Double check camera microphone settings within the apps BEFORE entering the virtual instruction.
- Additional option to troubleshoot a students chromebook is to "Reset Chrome OS to default", steps are below to follow, displayed view may vary depending on device:
Reset Chrome OS:
- On your computer or chromebook, open the Chrome Browser.
- At the top right, click “More”- “Settings”.
- At the Bottom, click Advanced, Click Reset Settings - "Restore Settings to their original default settings".
- Chromebook, Linux, and Mac: Under "Reset Settings," click Restore settings to their original defaults Reset Settings.Windows: Under "Reset and cleanup,” click Reset Settings Reset Settings.